Wisdom. Guidance. Success.
Every day, we think anew about how to meet the evolving needs of our clients. Fresh ideas, along with 20 years of HR experience, give us the edge in finding People, Culture and Talent leaders – both the seasoned executives and the hot up-and-comers – who can strategically guide organizations through rapid growth and transformation. Many clients have been with us for more than a decade and over 97% refer us or hire us again for HR executive search and consulting.
READ OUR BLOG
Breaking the performance review cycle
Annual performance reviews vs multiple checkpoints—is it working?
Positive developments we’ve been hearing:
- More touch points – employees don’t have to wait all year for feedback
- Ongoing sessions allow employees to reflect more frequently and make quicker adjustments
- Separating feedback and comp allows employees to focus on their development rather than their paychecks
- Managers struggle to find the balance between high-level career development and day-to-day feedback
- Employees suffer under managers who don’t stay consistent with their check-ins
- Politics and favoritism creep into the conversation
How FPL decided to handle talent management
Rather than breaking it, we wanted to rethink how it could actually solve the problem of employee engagement and growth.
- Bi-weekly meetings with constructive feedback on day-to-day work
- Quarterly conversations on job satisfaction and career development
- Annual reviews to pull it all together culminating in a go-forward career path
The verdict? Fewer surprises, higher engagement, and a lower turnover rate. We’d consider our experiment a success so far, but are always looking to improve. Any suggestions?